Bro's Post :) Ownership review Fiesta 1.6 Team Bhp ( Fiesta 1.6, vrommmmmmmmmmmmmm )

Though of sharing one of brothers post on Team Bhp regarding his ownership review of his Fiesta 1.6 so here we go :-

9th February 2010

One more day in the train from Thane to Kurla; One more day at Kurla station pushing and jostling with the Autowalas; one more day in the office doing stuff a brain dead robot could do at half charge and one more day walking to Kurla station from the office ‘cause the autowalas would rather go to the moon. Out of frustration decide to go book the Vista quadrajet with out a test ride after reading umpteen reviews on TeamBHP. Walk into a showroom with the booking amount ready and I see a Vista about to be delivered. A happy Family walks in and a scene right out of a Rajshri production’s film. I get sweets too; cause I volunteer to take snaps of all the family members arranged around a Vista in some shade of rust. It’s surreal; until the car is turned on and I find myself right next to the bonnet. The engine grunts and splutters and shakes and this put me off, the moment is lost and I walk away spewing venom.

Weekend and a drive in Ahmedbad. The little one with me firmly held in place by the seat belt gets into a discussion about the Audi A8 he has seen on National Geography and his mother cribs about why someone would pay so much for a car prompting her husband to compare it to her love of Platinum jewelry.
Amidst the good natured family bickering, somewhere it rings a bell and a decision is made.

“I am buying a car for the love of it and not for utility alone"

And a rudimentary short listing is done immediately.

It’s the Linea; the Safari or the Punto for me.

Linea, I have driven in the past and found it a little underpowered; and the Palio 1.6 my friend owns has left a bad after-taste as far as A.S.S. go. The Fiat is out. I have not driven the Safari and call for a test ride. The vehicle arrives promptly on time and it’s a red one with tints. Looks a million bucks and I immediately fall in love with the beast. Step into the driver’s seat and settle in but notice that the demo vehicle markings are missing and you don’t use a color like red for a test drive car. Question the guy with the car, who insists it’s a test vehicle. Some close, pointed questioning and it changes to a customer’s car for which permission has been taken. I give him a piece of my mind and refuse to drive it. Also call up the dealer and give the manager an ear full. Needless to say it spoils the evening. The Tata's are out. Maybe a knee jerk reaction; but no way.
Sleep on a sour note and wake up equally bad. Get in to a fight on the train and reach office really grumpy. Lunch time; economic times and the Ford Fiesta Limited Edition staring at me. Something snaps; Call up the dealers and get quotes. Second coffee of the day and the receptionist rings in a visitor from Shreeji Ford. I love the guy who came with the car and promptly go driving with him. The colour makes me drool and the engine response reminds me of the RD350 I have back home. Spend the rest of the day on TeamBHP reading up on the Fiesta and its perceived A.S.S. troubles, realise its a matter of perception and things are on the upswing. Gulped down every word teambhp has to say ‘cause my experience with Ford has been very limited. Posts by frankmehta, shajufx and a few others are memorized over the weekend.

New day, an evening commute and bickering over half an inch of space on the footboard later; the pact with the devil is sealed. If I have to be in the city of dreams and travel all that much. I might as well enjoy my commute.

All pros and cons considered and what has to be done, is done.

Booked; my limited edition Fiesta 1.6, Morello on the 6th April 2010; delivered on the 26th April 2010!!!!
May 29th 2010

30 days of ownership, 4460 kms and first service done.

A month of extensive driving in my beast.

A combination of awesome highway drives; Mumbai-Ahmedabad-Mumbai, Mumbai-Ratnagiri-Mumbai, umpteen Mumbai-Lonavla-Pune-Mumbai drives and the daily Mumbai Commute.

Running in period ?? Yeah right. It doesn’t want to be run in; me thinks. But was careful of not taking it above 3000 rpm till now.
Did Most of these drives alone. Me and the beast on the road. The only constant companion, a silly smile on my face. 
It amazes me the way my beast behaves at speed. It hugs curves with the grace of a ballerina and goes vrrrroooom on the straights with just a twitch of my toes. A smooth, lean mean and seamless acceleration.
The top speed is no joke either. Easily cruised at 165 kmph on the Express way and it ended up a battle of nerves. My beast asking for more and me looking to meet its expectations. 
In the end I gave up and came down to a reluctant but saner 100kmph. 

City driving is fun too. No issues with handling ofcourse. But the most wonderful aspect for me is how I dnt have to use an accelerator in bumper to bumper traffic where I am most of the time; The Clutch and brakes are enough to rein the beast in. It gives me decent economy too. 
11-12 per litre so far with 95% A.C. is something I can live with.
I don’t mind more though; considering the way prices are heading north.

Now for the much maligned cost of ownership. 
Almost 5000 kms of rather enthusiastic driving later i have spent Rs. 700/- on the car. That too 'cause of a rather enterprising autowala who stole my wheel cap. i dnt know for what 
Nothing falling off the car; no rattles; no rust; no leakages and no funny feelings.

My only complaint; if any is the first gear which me thinks is too short. I dont know if its just me or is it really so. But i would have loved a little more range on the thing; especially driving in the cities. Or maybe i would just get used to the quirks. I should; my 1987 bullet 350 has trained me well to respect a machines whims and fancies.

And Lest i forget; the beast cost me Rs. 6,50,000/-, bought the exended warranty for 9000 odd bucks so i am covered for 4 years.
No modifications; no additions; no accessories on the car so far. 
Completely Stock.
I got the Ford original spoiler and remote lock free from the dealer after some haggling. So that donot qualify.

Money well spent; me thinks 'cause i intend to keep the beast for the next 5 years at the very least.

( Post Link :- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/82540-fiesta-1-6-vrrrrooooooommmmm.html )




Attached Thumbnails
Fiesta 1.6, Vrrrrooooooommmmm-fiesta.jpg 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goa...........Sun n Sand ..............

I Understand............

A weekend getaway to Udaipur...........Vroommmm