My Bull 1993 20 years of thumping



:)


It was love that was inexplicable,
I was there, and under the sun, stood you..
I couldn't move a muscle,
I just went blue..

Then I thought I could have you,
I could love and care,
In my mind, a thought I started to sew..

The dream was realised and you were mine,
The journey began and gone was my whine,
At times I cut lose,
Only to realise how precious was your shine..

But then I was woken up,
It was yet to sink in,
The dream was short lived,
Shorter than a hiccup..

I still remember you,
Shining under the sun,
I still remember those wheels that you spun,
All the corners and every turn,
Leaning with you was such fun,
I'll come back for you, someday I will,
We'll elope, we'll be on the run,
I'll miss you baby,
We Had A Good Run.

I know an ownership review here wont make any sense but who cares I love to write and share my blog is the place were I can do this till my heart fill.

I bought this bull of mine second hand , yes you read it write this is not a brand new bull out of showroom :P back in those days when I bought it, Bulls really didnt had a daily commute biking image rather in my place Gujarat the guys selling milk to household used to ride these. The power of Bull would help them easily carry a minimum of 50 ltrs milk :)

Why Enfield bullet?

Because it's all steel. no fibre, no plastic. The Bullet also has a lot of character, not to discount the other bikes on the road. They are good but a bullet is a bullet.

Also because its the only company which has managed to build a strong community of brand loyal customers.

I get to hear this a lot from non bullet owners, isn't it too heavy? And I smile and say " you have to ride it, not carry "

Why RE?For me it was a dream right from the schooling time to own a Royal Enfield. I always used to fancy owning one.When i started making money through my call centre job my first objective was to buy a RE.For me what matters most is the aura and feel i gets when i ride my bike.The beauty my eyes perceive each time when I see the timeless retro design especially those tear drop tank , head design , side covers,spoke wheels and pretty much everything . It makes the enthusiast in me reach motoring nirvana. I can experience pure mechanics in action when ever i ride this machine.I can hear the mechanical clatter,i can feel the crank rolling.i can feel the gear changes.All this mechanical moments is never hidden from the rider i can feel it all.Above all the ride at 60-80 km\hr is the most exhilarating thing. It feels like heaven a quality not many can replicate. Especially for those who have a sedate riding style.RE in a nutshell have lot of downsides like lack of quality, efficiency and some plus point's which can overshadow the downsides.Royal Enfield succeded in carrying over there legacy,hand build with love,engineered with purpose and designed with mechanical errors build in.

There is also one back side  of owing a Bull my sweety  always call it a " KHATARA " , may be she is jealous :P as I spend more time with my bike rather with her. Sorry :)

She used to get irritated with the sound of my BULL :P which is though Music to me :)  Mostly I used to call her while riding :) Ya I know it is not safe n all but riding was the best break I used to get and as it is said " YOU NEED TO MAKE BEST OUT OF YOUR BREAK " :)

Intially for first 7 years of my Bulls life it was stock Black color I am sorry there are only limited pics of my old Black beauty. Later on I planned to change color and also some styling.






Hence started the PROJECT REINCARNATION OF MY BULL  :)

If you ask was it a tedious process ? Yes it was :)

But after all this years of BULL ownership you get used to all this. Initially when I first owned bullet I used to get pissed off, It never started whenever I needed :P ( Ya I know I am stupid stop grinning ). Used to get oil stains on my trouser while riding it , Mom used to scold me a lot :P 
But this what it is all part of being a Bull owner. Can't imagine all this thing going missing in my life. 

It all started buy removing the engine as the crank support was loose and needed some lathe work was also planning for changing the electrical of my BULL as my BULL always needed a battery to start and if not used for some days then it was really a pain to start, my mechanic came up with an alternative to do a coil starting mechanism and vola wonders it happened below are the pictures of the reincarnation process. 








The finished product :-


Some days of running planned for some more mods, was always fan for twin seats so here I was :)





Some more day passed I thought of doing some buffing on my Chrome so tried my luck with Brasso :P and here were the result, though the result was not as good as a chrome polisher but something is better than nothing





You need to be really hard when using brasso on engine parts , I used a scrotch brite scrubber to scrub brasso on engine :) it was more of an exercise rather than cleaning :)

Post this reincarnation have rode my BULL for 500 kms now and butter is the word :) hoping to keep the bull for rest of my life :) If my sweetheart  would be reading she would be smiling :)


So there is more thumping in my life :) in coming years with my sweetheart on her so called "Khatara " with me :P

Bul-bule ke jaisa tehere hawa mein
Sardiyon ki dhoop sa mijaaz hai
Mausamo ka rang bhi odh le
Kal nahin tha par, aaj hai
Nabz tezz iski chalti rahe
Bewakoofiyon pe bhi naaz hai
Sab ne jaana phir bhi na khul saka
Yaar ye wahi raaz hai
Kyun, ishq mein, ishq lage aasaan
Kyun, kya pata, sach mein hua hai
Ya hone lagi, ishq ki khushfehmiyan

Luv.....

Adi...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goa...........Sun n Sand ..............

I Understand............

A weekend getaway to Udaipur...........Vroommmm