The Tale of 2 States ..............

PART 1:- THE JOURNEY OF YOU N ME


There are a few moments in one's life that carry feelings of exhilaration that are not easily replicable. We all have experienced such feelings but cannot adequately describe it or even create conditions to replicate it. It's just a  feeling of a high, a feeling of a perfect world.

Then you came into my life changed me completely. They say there's always someone in a relationship who loves more. Oh God I wish it wasn't me.

I Love You

I wanna tell you why I love you

I loved you since I met you for the first time, but I wouldn’t allow myself to truly feel it until today. I was always thinking ahead, making decisions soaked with fear… Today, because of you… what I learned from you; every choice I made was different and my life has completely changed… and I’ve learned that if you do that, then you’re living your life fully… it doesn’t matter if you have five minutes or fifty years. if not for today, if not for you I would never have known love at all… So thank you for being the person who taught me to love… and to be love.

Luv u lots

Kehte hain opposites attract jhoot hai, ham har jagah bas apne aap ko dhoondte hain aur kabhi woh mil jaye to usse sambhal ke rakh dena chaihye :)

Year 2014 was good our relationship matured and we probably took the difficult decision of our life :P let's get married ..

It was not that easy.

Vaishu ka Fav topic tha jab bhi Adi Mumbai ayega ya saath rahega it would start like , " Adi ghar pe dad aur mama kaafi pressure kar rahe he maine aur nai tal pavungi unhe please samjo ap " :) 

Adi always felt what vaishu was dealing with and he had made up his mind that he needs to share this relationship news with his parents by year end and surprise vaishu...

A personal target date was made by me to tell my parents about my relationship and trust me it was one of the toughest task which I have undertaken till date . Mujhe laga dad mom ko batana itna mushkil nai hota , but I was wrong everyday whenever I had made up my mind to disclose it to the family I had stepped back. 

Dec 21st Tour to Delhi :-

Adi needed to catch a early morning 6:05 AM flight to Delhi previous he thought subah subah ghar pe bomb fodh dega aur woh bhaag jayega Delhi. :P but he had made up his mind that he want to disclose this news of relationship with Vaishu sitting face to face with dad n mom. 

Woke up early morning 3:00 am  as a daily ritual wished Vaishu a gdmrng. The Cab reached my doorstep around 4:00 am and Adi left for Airport. Reached airport on time boarded the flight, post a 5 min delay a announcement comes Ding Donk " " Spice Jet maine ap sabhi yatriyo ka sawagat he hume khed k saath yeah batana padh raha he ki Delhi maine kohraam ki vajah se flight 30 min delay hogi "  Adi immediately got hold of his headphone and started listening to some music. Post 30 mins another announcement Ding Donk " yatriyo kripya dhyaan de flight ko aur 1 ghante ka delay ki sambhavna he Delhi maine kohraam ki vajah se "

This delay was then increased to 3.5 hrs and Adi was sitting in the newly procured AIRBUS of Spice jet thinking about his future. He started checking all the pics which he had of vaishu and started thinking about all the beautiful trips which he had in her company and how their relationship has matured over the period of time. Probably these 3.5 hrs of loneliness had given that positive vibe to ADI to tell his parents he loves Vaishu. 

Delhi tour was good it ended on 24th Dec and Adi returned to A'bad same night 

Dec 25th "D" Day


Morning breakfast 9:00 am......

Idli and Chutney 

Adi munching his Idli along with Mom & Dad.

Mom :- I was thinking as Anup is still not telling us about his marriage , we are planning to get you married by this year end 

Dad :- Yup what do you say Adi 

Adi :- ( Saala yeah kaha se aaya mere upar ) Mom dad thoda time chaihye 

Mom :- Beta we are giving you time till this year end & then the regular emotional dialogue " Maine buddhi ho gai hu kitna kahayal rakh pavungi tum sabka"

Dad :- Tu soch k bata 

Mom:- Hum log soch rahe the woh Sneha kaisi rahegi tere liye 

Adi :- ( Speak up idiot ) Mom maine dhundh lunga kisiko bus need your blessings 

Mom:- Yaani koi he batavo kaun he Muslim he kya bolo 

Adi:- Mom Hindu he Punjabi he Mumbai rehti he 

DAD MOM SHOCKED BUT STILL MANAGING TO SMILE :) 

ok Adi Calm down now take care of the situation 

Adi:- Mom Dad Vaishali naam he uska aachi ladki he ap log please ek baar mil lo 

MOM DAD :- ok 

Topic closed as of now :p

Adi was feeling relieved, that he has shown the courage to tell his parents that he had a love of his life :) 

But this was the beginning for another 1-1 n half hour Adi was asked to do his own job in the mean time Mom Dad discussing on what Adi has disclosed them. 

After two hours....

Adi was asked to come downstairs and have a discussion with Mom Dad.

MOM :- No issue I want to talk to her parents and meet her when is that possible 

Adi "SHOCKED " MOM usse toh ghar batane doh 

MOM :- OK Tell her to talk at her home and call us for a convenient time of meeting of both families

hmmmmm ..........( itna smooth kaise ho sakta he sab ) :I

31st December 2014 ADI-VAISHU NEWYEAR PARTY:-

We had planned this during our Goa trip only that this New Year we are going to spend it together irrespective how so ever busy we are with our so called work. Meet Vaishu early morning at the airport and we went together for the hotel. At the Hotel reception we were told that they would take 30 mins for check in formalities in the mean time we decided to have some breakfast. Post breakfast we were given the room 8th floor and the view was awesome :) 

Tired Adi Vaishu jumped onto the bed n watched TV  30 mins of watching TV ADi thought of sharing "THE NEWS" to Vaishu 

Adi:-Jaan ap Abad kab aa pavogi Mom ko apko dekhna he 

Vaishu :- What ???

Adi:- Hmmmm , Maine ghar pe bola unhe apko milna he 

Vaishu :- Ap Jhut Bol rahe ho mazak mat kaaro 

Adi :- Are Baba sachiiii maine bola unhe milna he 

Vaishu:- hmmmm

Adi:- Yeah Dekho msgs ( Showing Whats app msg exchanged between me, Madhu & Sandy ) 

( Thought saala logo ko bharosa dilane k liye bhi tech ki madat leni padhti he truly we have progressed :P ) 

Vaishu :- Shocked , Smiling , Crying , Mixed emotion dont know what her face was like 
But I am sure that she was having that " There are something money can't buy kinda Smile" somewhere which I can feel or as a Biz-man say " Paisa Wasool " Type of smile 

Life isn't that simple once you let your family know about your love of your life. The problem now in our life was as I have told at my home Vaishu hadn't I needed to wait till she breaks the news to her family. All these years she was pressurized by her family to get married, they even went to the extend to ask "Beta koi ho toh bata doh , hum na nai bolenge " Now came the acid test would they would stand with what they had said or me vaishu would do some flimy style melodrama of ghar se bhagna n all :P 

It was sunday If I remember correctly Vaishu babe asual lazy bum woke up around 11:00am and decided to break her silence to her DAD. The best part of her dad was to tell vaishu always "beta kuch bhi ho koi saath na rahe I am always with you"

Vaishu Breaking the News with rest of her members was like a shock to them :) all these year when they asked her about her dream boy she didn't say a thing now when she spoke up every one is dumb founded. 

Probably me and vaishu won't be able to understand this as of now, shayad hume waqt lagega isse samajne maine jab humare bache honge aur woh bhi issi tarah apne pyaar ki baat humse karenge toh kya pata shayad hum dono bhi aisa muh banaye bhete ho. 

Now came the second phase of mission adi vaishu ki shaadi

We were quite clear in our approach that first we both would meet individually each others parents and relatives and later the family would meet. 



Adi Meeting Vaishu's family
  Was going to mumbai to attend my friends wedding in panvel I n Vaishu this should be the time to meet Vaishu's family ( her father & bade Mama ) 

Adi was getting nervous as the day was approaching some clear communication from vaishu were made "Adi please shave karke aana gunda banke nai n plz haste rehna apna serious look leke na ghumna " 

Adi followed whatever Vaishu said moreover he made sure he buys some sweets for the family so that he can make some impression. 

The D day :- Adi reaching Mumbai early morning 7:00 am check in to Hotel Abbott Vashi 

9:00 am Message from Vaishu Gdmrng Babu u reached 

9:15 am ha baby batavo kitne baje milna he and maine kitne baje niklu 

These 15 mins made Adi uncomfortable he immediately ran to hotel banquets for breakfast.

9:30 am Vaishu: lets meet 11:00 am Chembure Mama's Office

9:31 am Adi:- ok , feeling tensed jaan 

9:32 am Vaishu : Kuch nai hoga mwuahh 

9:33 am Adi : Thanks byee 


In my entire 27 years I was never particular about my dressing but on this day I tried 3 different formals and ended up choosing one. So the journey started Adi decided to take a cab to chembur Jama Sweets ( this is the only place which adi knows in chembur east ) thank god this was not like Vaishus "AMERSON" showroom landmark in Bandra :p 

Reached chembur jama sweets 10:50 am 

Called up Vaishu , Hi kaha ho maine aa gaya 

Vaishu: OK please wait kaaro maine aati hu ( Felt like what Vaishu aaj bhi wait , hadh ho gai ab toh ) 

Standing on the crowded street of chembur nervously Adi tried diverting his mind and started looking passerby and cars. Suddenly he saw a flash Vaishu was walking down the street. Watching her Adi thought "She had perfect features, with her eye,nose,lips & ears the right size and in right places. That is all it takes to make people beautiful, normal body parts- yet why does nature mess it up so many times?" 

Vaishu came to me smiling normally it normally happens Adi Vaishu hug each other tightly and then talk but today was not that day. She was looking beautiful in her salwar kameez. Vaishu told me Dad is waiting for us at Mama's shop and we started our walk. There are times when you feel in your inner-self "Moron don't screw this opportunity be calm and be positive " Adi was facing this now each step taken by him was making him more tensed. 

We reached Mamaji's office, It's a typical Mumbai real estate office which you find were the shops are small were hardly 5 people can sit but most of the multi cores land deals take place. I entered with my shoes on (oops minus one point ) bending down to remove the shoe Vaishu's Mama  "Beta koi baat nai mat nikalo aa jaavo aa jaavo " 

Entering I noticed Vaishu's father sitting on a couch on the left in front of me was Bade Mama in sitting on a chair was Deepak ( Vaishu's cousin ).Vaishu jumped to the couch next to her father as if we all have met before. I nervously occupied the extreme right corner of the couch next to Vaishu making sure I am not touching her in anyway. 

Ques 1 :- Mamaji: Aur beta kaise he ? aane maine dikat th nai hui apko ? apko saare raste kaise pata Mumbai k , aate rehte honge na bich bich maine milne ?

Ans 1 :- ADi: (Thinking Mamaji taana marte hue sawal kyun puch rahe he) Nai mamaji koi dikat nai hui , Mamji aisa hena Kharghar main padhai hui th Navi mumbai k raste pata he n Mumbai maine 2 saal kaam bhi kiya tha , aur beech beech main godrej k kaam se aana bhi hota tha


Ques 2 :- Mamaji :smiling for a while and thinking what to ask this moron "Beta apke ghar kaun kaun he and aage ap logo ne kya soch"

Adi: hmm Mamaji ghar pe dad mom and bade bhaiya hey he is settle abroad 

Mamaji :- Ohhh bade bhaiya he unki shaadi nai hui kya 

Adi :- Nai hui Mamaji n mere ghar pe pressure nai he aisa kuch 

Mamaji :- (thinking quite a modern family )


I noticed one thing meeting your loved ones parents and facing questions is a challenge. This is one of those interview were you can't fail.

Some more interesting questions were asked by Mamaji & Vaishu's Dad like :- 

Beta ap peete ho 

Apka khudka ghar he ya rented 

Aj ap ruk hi jaavo kuch party sharty karte he, kya peete ho ap 

Mamaji asking for size of my house calling his real estate friends in ahmedabad and taking out the Net value 

I would say overall this meet was required me and vaishu made sure that we are clear about our intentions just needed there blessings for our marriage.

This meeting lasted more than 1 n half hour over all what I personally felt was all were happy and they didn't find Adi to be rude ....

Next stop was lunch vaishu's treat we went to some mall and had KFC chicken and planned for an afternoon movie. 

The day went off smoothly 


Vaishu Meeting Adi's Parents 

It was decided mom dad were planning a visit to kolhapur and in return they would halt at Mumbai and meet Vaishu & family. 

Now it was Vaishu's time to get a nervous breakdown the catch to this meet was vaishu needed to meet mom dad alone at railway station and Adi won't be there:) Mom and Dad were also very excited about meeting Vaishu , Adi was supposed to board a morning train which would reach Mumbai in the afternoon. So technically Vaishu had whole 5 hours to spend with Dad Mom and that too without me :P 

I won't be able to say much on this meeting but was in touch with Vaishu always she was like Adi kya pehnke milu , per chu lu unke ya nai maine unhe kya bolu Mummy ya aunty :P Probably vaishu was excited and nervous for her D day. She reached the platform well before time and the train was late. I was tensed how can mom dad indentify her in this Mumbai crowd at railway station. but to my utter shock dad told me later that he easily recognized her standing at the railway station with a big bag and smiling :) 

Vaishu Travelling Potla or the bagpack which is with her all the time if she travels somewhere.That bag looks huge on my cute adorable Vaishu.What I felt after this visit was Vaishu has kept her calm and was in total control of the situation. Adi was travelling to mumbai all this time clueless of what had happened at last around 8:10 AM Adi decided to call Mom and asked , to his shock Mom's phone was not reachable. Now I had only one option to call Vaishu and ask what is happening, all these years in relationship I had never felt awkward calling Vaishu but today had thousand thoughts Mummy agar saath hui th unhe kaisa laagega Papa kya sochenge n all. 


I called , Vaishu picked up the phone an said :-

V :- Helloo, 

A :- hmm Vaishu Mom ka phone nai laag raha mile kya apko woh 

V :- Mummy Pappa mere saath hi he humne Taxi li he , ap kaha puche (Note :- when a girl start using words like ap and gives more respect to you PLZ understand she is stressed out :P )

I messaged her luv u and didn't got any reply :). My sweetheart was right busy doing her job of an Adharsh Indian Bahu taking care of her in laws :P

I reached hotel around 2:00 PM and was shocked to see Vaishu sitting with MOM DAD and chit chatting . She was smiling, have told you many times that smile of her clubbed with her small chinese eyes is a deadly combination which compels me do whatever she wants. 

We ordered some lunch and took rest . It was decided that we all would go for shopping by 5:00 pm.

It was 5:00 pm we all decided to move out of the hotel and go for some shopping; Mom was super excited about her visit to Mumbai. Mom and Vaishu were walking together. Mom had a list of things to do she wanted to buy a Sandal & Purse.

Irrespective of what age a women is that have one topic of there interest that is "SHOPPING". 

Mom bought some decent sandals for herself, we finished our shopping & went to hotel. Vaishu needed to go to her Mami's place at Nerul for tommorrows preparation. Next day me and my parents were suppose to meet the Punjabi family at Mami's Place.Mom asked me to drop vaishu to nearby taxi stand, Vaishu needed to buy some Paneer for her Punewali Mami ( Punjabi's have huge family circle its confusing :P I would suggest they should give nos rather giving names to their relationship :) ) 

Me n Vaishu left the hotel room with nervousness still on face for tmrw, Vaishu was happy that all is going smooth. Me n Vaishu started our walk towards Vashi Market and discussed about tmrws meeting, this would be the first time that we both had walked this much without Vaishu saying "Maine Thak Gayi Ab" ( probably we were engrossed so much in the discussion of tmrws meeting that we weren't able to understand the distance we walked ) :P dusra yeah bhi ho sakta he hum log itne despo the akele time spend karne ko ki humne socha ki saala auto kaun bulaye saath chal lete he :P

Vaishu left for Nerul in an auto & I reached hotel. Probably we both were speechless on what would be tmrws reaction of both the family on meeting.


PART III:


 Both Family Meeting 

The toughest situation which Adi and Vaishu would face in their entire life time. We both were very clear about the Do's & Don'ts when we both meet seperately our families  but this time it was a all together different ball game. 

We needed to take care of both families egos, and make sure they happily agree to our marriage. The time decided was 10:30 am , but some how it delayed to 11:00 am Vaishu called me up , "Adi maine aur chotte mama aa rahe he apke hotel apko lene ab niche aa jaana jab maine call kaaru".

They reached in another 15 mins it was decided me and vaishu would hire an auto and reach Mamis place and mom dad n mama mami would leave in the car. Adi Vaishu were numb while all left in the car, I would say I was quite nervous also had an initial thought of running away. But as decided earlier we wanted our family members to be part of our marriage.We hired an auto and left for the place, its very rare Adi and Vaishu together and they dont speak a word, today was one of those days. Both had questions in their mind with lots of ifs and buts.

We reached a bit late and my family was already upstairs with Vaishu's family chit chatting. Nervously we reached home saw all smiling and talking to each other, we were relieved. 

The discussion was normal and we saw no-one was feeling uncomfortable, I thought sala its gonna be a one big family after marriage :P 

When mom handed over the earing to Vaishu's I saw tears in her eyes, she was happy to the core. I just wanted to hug her tightly at that point and say Vaishu I luv u. 

The meeting was over and we left for our hotel, it was decided that in the evening Vaishu would meet us at hotel and then she would leave for home.Evening 6:00 pm Vaishu came to hotel and the discussion was about the meetings, all were happy in both the families.

It was decided in the meeting that a suitable date would be finalized and informed to Vaishu's family and moreover they would come down to Ahmedabad for a visit.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


Post this meetings the following things happened:-

1. You talk to each other less
2. You feel bad when the other doesn't talk to your family 
3. You start discussions on marriage ka party, dress, gifts etc
4. Discussion on how would our room look like 
5. Most important Honeymoon destination ???
6. Am I looking fat, that pimple is bothering me for days ......
7. Baby Shall I leave my job, mujhe yoga karna he , maine car driving seekhu kya ????

April 25th 2015 :-

Vaishu's Family members meet my family members and a date was decided 5th Sept 2015 me and Vaishu would be getting married. 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The date was set so now Adi & Vaishu had there own agendas to play with, I made my target date sheet of allocation of funds and new job search. To be honest I didnt want Vaishu to be with Mom & Dad as somewhere within I felt that she won't be able to adjust to situation  here. So a job for me was very important and critical.

To be honest with you I feel more happy now feeling good that atlast Vaishu would be with me and our marriage would be in presence of all family members... The way we wanted....

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

PART 2 :- COMMITMENT K SIDE EFFECTS:-

Now once everything is set starts the side effects wala part 


  • You can't comment on any beautiful girl 
  • You need to give reporting of every activity you are doing 
  • You talk about honeymoon destination _ ( Even when you don't have money in your bank account ) 
  • You talk about the design of the banquet hall 
  • You talk what are the do's & don't s for both family
  • You need to talk not with each other but your family members 
  • You talk about family planning - trust me the toughest part is this :P 
  • You do reverse calculation on how many days left for wedding 
Wedding Shopping started :P 

Vaishu ka Lehnga choli Delhi se 

Adi ...............still thinking what to wear 

Vaishu ka Make up se leke hairstyle fix

Adi..............still thinking what to wear 

Vaishu ka ticketing &  gifts also bought 

Adi...........still thinking what to wear 

Then comes a Friday -Sunday combo off in Adi's life a plan is made to visit Mumbai :P Shaadi se pehle wali flirting 

Friday morning lands @ Mumbai with an empty bag for shopping 

Friday ;Saturday & Sunday 

All wedding shopping completed 

Adi had a strict no to sherwani in wedding and was in a mood to buy a suit for him .... but whenever he came out of the trail room to do his catwalk in front of Vaishu she was least interested and made a pug like face saying sweetheart wear a sherwani you are not going for a job interview :P 

So as a genuine asshole you fall for it and buy a sherwani :P 

"SHAADI ARRANGE HO YA LOVE IN THE END EVERYTHING BOILS DOWN TO ONE THING TRUST"

Wedding date 5th Sept 2015   everything went on smoothly by 10th Sept 2015 Adi-Vaishu Both drained out of Bank Balance are now into a legal husband wife relationship. Trust me Post marriage your priorities changes its no more my business my concern its always OURS

Every Married person has his/her own ups n downs in life we also faced some, but if you stay together you can surely overcome it. 

Vaishu has left her job now staying with me @ Ahmedabad , still I can see some amount of stress in her when it comes to family our home, job but the best part is she still smiles and give you an assurance or rather I should say makes me positive Sab Theek Ho Jayega :) 

More to Come..........................................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goa...........Sun n Sand ..............

A weekend getaway to Udaipur...........Vroommmm

Remembering…Missing…Dad…