A WALK......



As I descended the steps of the office, I saw dark clouds in the sky. It looked as though it would rain.

I walked briskly toward parking which was at the basement. My mother had warned me about getting caught in the rain. I might catch a cold or something. I wondered if I could get home before it rained.

As if in reply to my thought the rain came down. I wanted to run for it but my heavy office bag discouraged me from doing so. So I walked on. Soon it was raining cats and dogs.

I immediately ran for my basement in the comforts of my car but to my utter shock the basement was filled with water.Needed to pick one of my friend  drop her home. Reached her office picked her up and we started our journey home. 

It seems today the rain god were showing full mercy, but they weren't kind enough to me no sooner we were exiting the office premises my car broke down :( , the only option left with me was to push the car out. 

In a short while I was drenched from head to toes. Instead of feeling miserable I was actually enjoying it. The feeling of cool water running down my wet body was quite pleasant.
We parked our car on a safe spot and locked it, decided to go for a walk till home. In the mean time the streets were flooded with knee deep water at most of the areas. 

The experience was good immediately my childhood days were doing a slide-show in front of me. Children making paper boats and playing the water , bikers zooming there bike in the water only to see the waves. Somewhere I felt I am lost in this game of making money ,to me now the priorities have changed I was more concerned about my blackberry getting drenched in the water. This was the same rainfall which I used to dream in our childhood days so that I can bunk the schools, have a off , eat some bajiyas and chill out with friends. But now my concerns are would my car be able to start, how would I manage to go home ; what about my client meeting lined up for tomorrow. 

But some how this walk was taking me back in time ........................................................

This Post would be would be updated later as rite now I am busy with  my official work ............tc


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goa...........Sun n Sand ..............

I Understand............

A weekend getaway to Udaipur...........Vroommmm