Figo Initial Ownership Report........


I guess it's time that i post a report of how my figo experience has been like till now.
After almost 3 months of searching in the hatchback segment, testing the Palio's, Vista's, Swifts, Beat's, Polo, A star & Micra decided on the Figo immediate after the test drive. The Maruti 800 i used to drive was an absolute charm and it was only because of going for a better and technologically advanced car made me upgrade..Well about my Figo..
I walked into Cargo Ford-Ahmedabad on the 14thMarch with my Friend and booked the car, got delivery on the 27th March (My Birthday).  The dealer experience was very good.
Accessories:
Getting the sun film done  and gsport seats covers with some god interior matching matting.
Wanted a USB cable extension and was told it is out of stock. Wonder why this is not standard fitting??
Engine:
I drove around 220km to ganeshpura ( A place in Gujarat ) and did not feel a bit tired and one thing to mention is that at times felt the throttle needed more pumping with the AC on specially at low speeds...At 100km speed at times i felt vibrations however chose to ignore as it disappeared later. Did not want to push it beyond 100...
Suspension:
Appeared to be a bit hard however was comfortable
Transmission:
Butter is the word!
Handling:
Returning from Ganeshpura- Gujarat there was a high wind speeds and trust me the car was extremely easy to handle in those conditions
Dislikes:
Child lock appears clumsy, could have done with a switch with the driver..
The security system should have been at par with the standard autocops, i miss that one...
My family is in love with this car and plan to have more road trips moving ahead...


      
      In one line the figo experience till now is 'So Far So Good'
Things I like about the car :- 

Ø  Response, Driveability, Refinement. Gearshift is very good for a car in this segment.
Ø  Very Good FE of above 16 till now.
Ø  Good Ergonomics and Good Space inside. Much better than chief competitors Swift or Punto.
Ø  Handling, Ride quality is very good. Big car feel and confidence to go at 120-140 easily on the expressways.
Ø  Looks.
Ø  Extra Good AC.
Ø  Spacious Boot

Things that I can live with:-

Ø  Service costs. I have a feeling that the bills for me was on the higher side especially for the under body coating/Teflon Paint protection.
Ø  Not very sure about the bumpers and the positioning of the radiator.My personal opinion is that a bigger bumper would not make much of difference in case of small or big collisions but no way to be sure.
Ø  Back Headrests absent.I am planning to get it fixed if possible because that's my old complaint about the backseat. It's very comfortable
Ø  The information display shows only one of the 3. DTE or ODO or TRIP. The fiesta shows all 3.
Ø  The interior quality or the console is not as good as the fiesta.
Ø  Ground Clearance. I scrape more on the figo than on the fiesta, swift, santro, palio, octavia, verna etc which are the other cars with which  i have some experience
Ø  Number Plate creaking issue. The service guys put some thermocol between the plates and the body and it seems good so far. So it's no longer an issue
Ø  New Car feel missing.I had thought that buying a car which is just 2 months into the market would give me some kind of exclusivity.But there are already 2 figos on my street not counting mine. I feel as if i brought a car which has been around atleast a year. Guess it's better than the car being a sales failure.

Overall the car has been a pleasure so far to own and i think i have made the right decision





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goa...........Sun n Sand ..............

I Understand............

A weekend getaway to Udaipur...........Vroommmm