REJECTION- A PART OF LIFE.............................

“You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.”
– Martin Luther King, Jr.

"A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is at peace with himself. What a man can be, he must be.

This is the need we may call self-actualization… It refers to man's desire for fulfillment… to become everything that one is capable of becoming…”

- Dr. Abraham Maslow


It happens to the best of us. When we least expect it and sometimes for unfair reasons and no reasons at all. My whole life has been teaching me a lesson in rejection whether it be from my love life or my career who told me I would never be able to fit into the shoes as an HOD – they all had one thing in common.

I have found that rejection says more about the person or group you cannot be apart of than you, yourself as the human that you are.

That was a hard lesson to learn and a hard thing to accept but this past, quarter when I did my outlook started to change, but one thing never changed through those situations (ok, well a little but for the most part) … I stayed the same. Their rejection wasn’t because of my qualifications or because I wasn’t nice enough or even because of my career growth . Their rejection was because of something they deemed was more important whether it be another’ looks, some else’s personality or even jealousy (yikes, I know but stick with me).

I spent a long time when I was 13, my  year of high school and this year trying to figure out what went wrong. Was I not good enough? I let my thoughts and anxiety spin and spin and live in a vicious circle which did nothing but confirm my biggest fear – no one actually wanted me.

Until one day I realized it walking to my car… This wasn’t about me. This had nothing to do with me at all. I constantly try to do the best I can – be nice, be friendly, be ambitious etc. etc. but just because my best wasn’t good enough for them doesn’t mean it can’t be good enough for me.

The point of this post is to sit here a few weeks after another sting and tell you something that I wish I could’ve saved a lot of tears, anxiety and sour patch kids over. If the next time you do the best you can – the best that you are proud of – and are rejected remember one thing: this says more about them than it does about you.

And with that I say I hope you all are having a wonderful week, month, year whatever it may be and that no matter what you are going through in life there is always a lesson to be learned.

CHEERS....

ADI.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goa...........Sun n Sand ..............

Remembering…Missing…Dad…

I Understand............