WHAT WERE WE AFRAID OF LOSING?.......


What were we afraid of losing?
I know I was afraid of losing her.

I was afraid I would be hurt
Now I treat words like falling leaves, not a sharp knife.

When I have no words to counter the barrage from her
I leave the room.

Sometimes I stay and make faces at her
I let him fight with me.

Because that is love
Love slicing through silence like curtains pulled suddenly.

Too much sunlight makes us wince
Sometimes the view distracts us.

Why are you fighting with me, she says
You know why I am fighting with you, I say.

We fight because the silence stifles us
We fight to find out if we are still friends.

I fold some fights in the pages of time
Letting them mature over years.

By the time I bring them out between us
Some of them have become stories to tell.

Sometimes we start fighting as soon as we meet
As if we must accelerate everything.

There isn’t time for everything
So lets get straight to the point, lets fight to keep us together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goa...........Sun n Sand ..............

Remembering…Missing…Dad…

I Understand............